AppSignal is a product that helps software developers to fix errors in their web applications, improve performance, and more. We’re used by many thousands of developers around the world. Our customers have monthly or yearly subscriptions, and they pre-pay for their use of the service (in short, we’re a SaaS: Software as a Service). Our customers include organizations such as WeTransfer, the NHS and Cornell University.
Our company is built on a strong foundation of a vision and values. We spend time and effort developing and maintaining this. We prioritize impact over ego and status. We are open about our flaws and we constantly improve the way we work. We hope you too are relaxed, honest and down to earth. If you are excited by what AppSignal is building, you should definitely apply for this position.
AppSignal is a fast growing company. We’re fueled by profit, without leaning on Venture Capital. We’re here for the long run.
The role, responsibility and impact
This opening is a great opportunity for someone who likes to be involved in nearly all aspects of a company, who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and who knows how to juggle.
AppSignal has a new position for an Operations Manager. As a growing company, it becomes increasingly challenging to keep all the balls in the air while also trying to focus on our core competencies. That’s where the Operations Manager comes in; you’ll help our team members to focus on their core tasks.
We’d also love to hear your ideas on how to run our operations even smoother, and we’ll provide the means to implement those amazing ideas. As the company grows, so will your responsibilities.
You’ll be responsible for the operations of HR, sponsorships and parts of the administrative and planning processes. This is a very broad role that will evolve over time.
- HR operations; for example:
- Let our occupational health & safety service know when someone’s sick
- Keep track of team members’ personal development budgets (including yours)
- Keep track of contracts that are in need or renewal and get new ones signed
- Publish job openings and coordinate interview planning
- Set up new team members by creating employment contracts from templates, ordering hardware and giving them access to various services
- Schedule team outings and quarterly one-on-one meetings
- Edit our handbook when processes can be better documented
- Partnerships, sponsorships and events; for example:
- Coordinate our conference attendance & sponsorships, from flights to shipping of materials, and booking party venues
- Be the first point of contact for partnership and sponsorship requests
- Administrative tasks:
- This includes many small tasks, from answering incoming requests by mail or phone to making sure we have enough stock of stickers and other swag
This is what you have to offer
- You can communicate well in both Dutch and English, in speaking and writing.
- You like to work in a hands-on capacity, but also think about the bigger picture.
- You like to work in a way that makes the world a bit better, in a team that tries to make things better for developers and ourselves every day.
- This is a remote job, but we meet once a month in Amsterdam, Utrecht or The Hague, so you need to reside at a reasonable travel distance (expenses covered).
- You like to work at an informal company (no, that's not a codeword for chaos in the workplace; we've been running businesses since 2002).
- You like to work in a growing, profitable company with a proven business model and an experienced team.
- You like working with developers, designers, customer care folks and finance people.
- You're computer savvy enough to know how to import a CSV file in Excel, or how to set up filters in Gmail.
- You like to develop yourself.
This is what we have to offer
- Competitive salary, based on skills and experience.
- Budget to rent a workplace, because we believe working remotely can be better when not-from-home.
- Unlimited vacation days (20-day minimum).
- Personal development budget, so you can keep learning.
- You (and the rest of the team) receive coaching by a professional coaching company.
We're a company of people from all sorts of education and backgrounds. Each with our own talents and flaws. But we would love to be even more diverse in thought and background. And more diverse in talents and flaws ;-)
We welcome people of all backgrounds, ages, genders and orientations to apply for this position. Join us if you value a company where you can feel safe, and work together with a team full of diverse ideas. We want you to feel that you make a difference by doing your best work, and that the rest of the team also sees and values that.
Why you'll love working with us
At AppSignal we don't only help developers, but try to be amazing in everything we do. From design, the blog, to code quality, to support, our upgrade policies and business operations.
If you love how we work together at AppSignal, you should apply. Though our salaries are competitive and we have some great perks, our vision and culture should be the primary reason you want to work with us, as opposed to money, status or power.
Applying from outside the Netherlands
For this role we require applications to reside within the Netherlands.
This job is closed
You can stay up to date about future job posts by subscribing to our jobs mailing list.